CONNX Data Dictionary
The CONNX Data Dictionary (CDD) is a repository of information describing the data tables and fields in the accessed databases, including security. The CDD contains the metadata information about each data source and provides a graphical user interface for easy maintenance of the metadata, stored procedures, integrated security and views.
The CONNX Data Dictionary:
- Describes the structure of the tables or files being accessed.
- Creates a single metadata model that spans enterprise data sources and applications requiring data access. The result is an enterprise-wide view of data and a reusable standards-based framework for information access.
- Imports metadata directly from existing file layouts.
- Enables multiple views of the same data.
- Allows access to data sources, including databases, flat files and OLE DB or ODBC compliant data sources.
- Offers access to CONNX views, which combines tables from one or more data sources.
- Facilitates automatic conversions of legacy data types to SQL data types.
- Supports Occurs Clauses.
- Allows importation of existing data definition information.
- Resides on a shared server disk or on a client computer.
- Respects all existing database security and provides additional user, group, row, field, table and database security. Encrypted metadata security.
- Offers Password security to prevent unauthorized users from modifying the CDD.
- Provides Wizard Assistance for common tasks.