Eradicate VB6 Code with VB Companion | Mobilize.Net
by DeeDee Walsh, on Wed, Oct, 21, 2015 @ 06:10 AM
BELLEVUE, WA – Oct 20, 2015 – Mobilize.Net announced Visual Basic Upgrade Companion (VBUC) version 6.5, available today, that substantially reduces post-migration work on migrated .NET code. VBUC is the leading migration tool for converting VB6 apps to .NET and beyond. With this new version of VBUC, developers now have the fastest, most efficient and cost-effective migration tool on the market. Of the millions of lines of code that Mobilize has tested, VBUC version 6.5 has increased automation to 99.9%. No migration tool offers higher migration automation to native .NET code without runtimes, than VBUC.
With hundreds of thousands of developers using the tool and millions of projects migrated with billions of lines of code converted, VBUC is by far and away the most popular migration tool ever shipped. This new version has been tested on millions of lines of real VB6 customer code, with 99.9 percent of the lines of code compiling in Visual Studio without modification.
In addition to increasing automation and significantly improving productivity, VBUC version 6.5 also includes:
- Performance improvements: the time it takes to do a migration on a large application has been improved by a factor of 2X and in a lot of cases 5X.
- Large applications with complex references can now be resolved in the solution setup phase with much better results.
- Better code readability in solutions with shared files.
- Significant improvements in data access, both in terms of code quality and higher automation of mappings.
- Improvements in code quality for projects migrating to VB.NET. For example, VBUC 6.5 includes myriad improvements for processing type libraries, accessing and removing collections, converting menu items in control arrays, and more.
- Certified to fully support both Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10.
VBUC Paves the Way to Mobile and Cloud
VBUC provides the best onramp to WebMAP, enabling customers to move from VB6 all the way to web, mobile and cloud.
VBUC Is Used By Enterprises, ISVs and SIs*
Hundreds of thousands of customers have successfully used VBUC to convert code to .NET and beyond. All vertical markets are represented including healthcare, manufacturing, banking, energy and more; plus major corporations like Bank of America, Citigroup and Microsoft have used VBUC to transform large workloads to new platforms. In addition, system integrators like Avanade, Wipro GYSSA and others have found VBUC to be a very valuable tool in migrating their customers’ code to new platforms. A full list of Mobilize customers can be found at http://www.mobilize.net/resources/customer-list.
*Contact Mobilize.Net to talk with real customers.
Mobilize.Net accelerates and simplifies the transformation of software applications to .NET, web, mobile, and cloud platforms. Millions of developers have used Mobilize.Net technology to successfully modernize billions of lines of code. Mobilize.Net solutions enable customers to reduce risk, cost, and time while moving applications to the platforms businesses demand today. Mobilize.Net migration technology is Microsoft's chosen solution for Visual Studio and MSDN customers. The privately-held Mobilize.Net is based in Bellevue, WA, and is led by former Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Tom Button. For more information, please go to www.mobilize.net.