There are several types of issues we want to identify and report to the users:
|Design Error||Design-time properties that can’t be migrated (eg: Form1.LinkTopic.) For these items, we add an entry to the migration log, one entry per property per object. We only add an entry if the value of the property is different than the default value. For example, if Form1.LinkTopic has a value of Form1 (the default,) then no entry is created. The property is not carried forward in the code.|
Code that will cause a compile error in .NET (eg: Form1.LinkTopic = “Foo”.) For these items, we copy the original code forward, add an entry to the migration log, and insert an UPGRADE_ISSUE: comment into the code on the line before the error.
Code which needs some user intervention. For these, insert an UPGRADE_TODO: comment in the code and add an entry to the migration log.
Code that has been significantly altered, or objects that have some behavior differences with their VB6 equivalents. For these items, insert an UPGRADE_NOTE: comment into the code on the line before the change, but do not add an entry to the log file.
User canceled, out of memory, etc. These create one entry in the migration log.
Global issues (eg: Lack of deterministic lifetime.) These create one entry in the migration log.
The following are some of the most common issues generated by our Visual Basic Upgrade Companion.
- 1002-Lset cannot assign one type to another
- 1010-The preceding line couldn’t be parsed
- 1014- 1% statement is not supported
- 1016-Declaring a parameter ‘As Any’ is not supported
- 1039-Load statement is not supported
- 1040- 1% function is not supported
- 1043-Class instancing was changed to public
- 1046-1% Parameter ‘2%’ is not supported and was removed
- 1050-Structure 1% may require marshalling attributes to be passed as an argument in this Declare statement
- 1056-ERR_RUNTIME #1056
- 2029-Unload 1% was not upgraded
- 2036-property . does not support custom mousepointers
- 2038-Form property 1%.ScaleMode is not supported
- 2042-A string cannot be used to index the 1% control collection.
- 2050-1% Event 2%. 3% was not upgraded.
- 2059-1% property 2%. New Index was not upgraded
- 2064- 1% 2% 3% 4% was not upgraded
- 2068-was not upgraded
- 2069- property . was not upgraded
- 2070-Constant 1% was not upgraded
- 2072- 1% 2% could not be resolved because it was within the generic namespace 3%
- 2074-property . was upgraded to . which has a new behavior
- 2080- ERR_RUNTIME #2080
- 2081- ERR_RUNTIME #2081
- 6002- UserControl Event 1% is not supported.
- 6003- 1% 2% was not upgraded
- 6012- CommonDialog variable was not upgraded
- 7003-The Hdc should be released once it is used for safety
- 7006-The named argument 1% was not resolved and corresponds to the following expression 2%
- 7008-The ProgID could not be found on computer where this application was migrated