Everything you wanted to know about .NET & more at .NET Conf
by DeeDee Walsh, on Aug 14, 2018 6:11:38 AM
Save the date(s) for .NET Conf - Sept 12-14. Virtual conference includes technical sessions and how-to's, demos and much more. #dotNETConf is the place to be starting Sept 12.
I don't know about you, but I've been craving more info on .NET and .NET Core - there are lots of announcements and I'm looking for more demos and explanations of what's new and how-to's. Good news is that Microsoft is listening and has pulled together a three-day virtual (free!) conference that is loaded with great speakers and tons of technical sessions. Here are the highlights:
- When: Sept 12-14
- Where: https://www.dotnetconf.net/
- What: 3 days of technical depth sessions on topics you care about including .NET Core and ASP.NET Core, C#, F#, Azure, Visual Studio, Xamarin, and much more.
- Who: Speakers include all of your favorites - Miguel De Icaza (founder of Xamarin), Scott Hanselman, Kathleen Dollard, Scott Hunter, Mads Torgerson and many, many more.
- What else: Mobilize.Net and a bunch of other companies will be hosting a Twitter and Twitch attendee party where you can see the latest partner product announcements, cool technical demos plus win prizes!
- Want to attend? There are lots of local events that will be streaming the event plus offering indepth technical sessions. Find out more here: https://www.dotnetconf.net/local-events/
As always, Mobilize will be hosting the event on our website - we'll provide more info as we get closer to Sept. In the meantime, make sure you subscribe to the Visual Studio Twitch channel at https://www.twitch.tv/visualstudio so that you can follow everything real-time. Also, Richard Campbell (.NET Rocks! founder) will be hosting the Twitter party - follow him at @richcampbell for updates. It's always good to follow @dotnet, @visualstudio because both accounts provide tons of useful information.
Finally, if you want a taste of what you're going to see and learn, go to https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/dotnetConf/2017 to see last year's sessions.