2. Compile all the VB6 projects
In order to achieve best results, follow these steps:
- Compile the projects that don’t reference other projects in the upgrade solution.
- Compile the projects that reference the previously compiled projects.
- Repeat the previous step until all the VB6 projects are properly compiled.
Note: It is highly recommended to leave all the project’s output binary files (dll, exe, ocx, etc.) in the same directory where they were generated and with their original name. Also make sure that if a project references a binary file from another project, the reference has been made to the original path where the file was generated. Otherwise the references between projects might not be resolved automatically when the Upgrade Solution is generated.
- Create a source folder with the VB6 projects that will be upgraded
- Compile all the VB6 projects
- Create a new Upgrade Solution