Using Custom Maps for graphical control migration
This example uses a test application that uses the ComponentOne TrueDBGrid (version 8.0) and XArrayDB controls. This small application uses the click event and some input information to populate the grid by means of a single dimensioned XArrayDB array.
The demonstration package zip file contains the following folders:
- VB6 Components: this folder contains the “todg8.ocx” and “xadb8.ocx” controls. They include their own trial license when used in an application. For the licensing details of these controls refer to the manufacturer website: www.componentone.com
- TDBGrid8 Example: This folder contains the example VB6 project. This project requires the components listed above.
- TDBGrid8 .NET green code: This folder contains the raw and unchanged output of the VBUC.
- TDBGrid8.NET final code: This folder contains the final product after the manual changes described on this document.
- TDBGrid8 .NET green code with helpers: This folder contains the raw and unchanged output of the VBUC after using the helper class approach
- TDBGrid8 .NET final code with helpers: This folder contains the final product after the manual changes described on this document using the helper class approach.
The resulting .NET applications require Component Studio for .NET installed on the host machine, the trial version of this control suite can be downloaded from this URL: http://download.componentone.com/pub/Net/c1studionet/Updates/C1StudioNET2_T109_Setup.msi