In the process of completing thousands of migration projects, Mobilize.Net has developed a mature migration methodology that results in a predictable, controlled, and cost-effective migration process.
The Migration Methodology is based on the Microsoft Solution Framework and the best practices recommended by the Project Management Institute, with custom process and models developed by Mobilize.Net.
The Migration Methodology presents a comprehensive view of the migration project:
- Project Planning: The project formulation and analysis process, called a Ready Assessment, provides a detailed project plan with an accurate budget and schedule. The assessment reflects both the project’s requirements and all the experience that Mobilize.Net has gathered in thousands of migration projects throughout the years.
- Migration Team: It is important to have the right team to perform a successful migration. The Migration Methodology defines roles and responsibilities for the team.
- Project Life Cycle: There are some significant differences between a traditional software development project and a migration. The Migration Methodology's project life cycle addresses the differences to ensure flawless execution and results.
- Quality Assurance: The Migration Methodology outlines Quality Assurance activities and milestones to guarantee the project meets or exceeds the expectations of customers.
In addition, Mobilize.Net uses an automated Migration Project Tracking System to manage all migration projects.
Migration Project Life Cycle
Mobilize.Net's migration project lifecycle guarantees the migrated application be functionally to the legacy application. The stages of the project guarantee a successful migration:
- Preparation: At the beginning of the project Mobilize.Net migration architects prepare the legacy code for the automatic migration, watching for configuration errors
- Automatic Migration: The Visual Basic Upgrade Companion is key to the high productivity of migration projects, which can save as much as 80% of the cost of a rewrite. It is executed at this stage.
- Generated Code: The output of the VBUC is generated code. Quality generated code is vital to a smooth migration project. At this point Mobilize.Net migration engineers identify and implement customizations to the VBUC to reduce the manual work as much as possible. This is an iterative process designed to achieve optimum balance between automated and manual effort on the project
- Compilation & Developer Testing: Once the generated code is complete, Mobilize.Net migration engineers implement changes to the code and test the application to make sure it complies with the project’s requirements
- Supplier Testing: Mobilize.Net's quality assurance personnel verifies the migrated application to guarantee its quality before handing off to the customer for formal validation
- User Acceptance Testing: In the final stage of the lifecycle, the customer validates the migrated code. The customer confirms the project is complete once it achieves functional equivalence
Services For Guaranteed Success
VBMAP and WebMAP are our migration services that dramatically reduce the time and cost of migrating legacy applications to .NET, web, mobile, and cloud. Both services provide automation technology, services and support to ensure that your migration is on schedule, on budget, at quality.
Contact us today to learn how you can migrate your legacy apps to .NET, web, mobile and cloud for a fraction of the cost of rewriting them.
Call us today at 1-425-609-8458 or email us at email@example.com